doors masking interior walls but not exterior walls

Pepsi

Once you get the doors properly inserted, you can also get rid of those wall lines across your doorways - you might have the WD-Ceiling class or thresholds turned on, or it may be that Trim & Sill settings need adjusting.

Another thought - do you have overlapping walls? Some of your wall junctions don't look finished.

It would be helpful if you could show a signature with your computer details and VW version shown.

To add to Peter's comment, be sure that your Wall Insertion Mode is turned on before setting the door into the wall (see image). If it is off, the door will not be placed in the wall, but next to the wall (or "on top of", in Plan view, which will become "inside of" in 3D views.). You can set this button beforehand, or while using the tool by tapping the "I" key on your keyboard.

You will know when the door will place properly when the wall's edges highlight in red.

HTH

Thanks for your replies guys.

I am kind of struggling with the bim tools. Walls are not joining properly and the wall join tool doesn't seem to work properly.

I will try what you guys.

A few more questions:

How do you copy a window or a door from one wall to another?

How do you save a wall style to use in future projects?

How do you save a wall style to use in future projects?

You can drag a door or window while you hold down the option key. Or you can copy and paste and then drag the door/window into the wall. Make sure you grab the door/window in a place that you can have the mouse pointer between the wall lines when you release the mouse, otherwise it will not be placed in the wall but rather be sitting on top.

Wall styles are resources. As such they can be moved between projects using the resource browser. If you use them often, I recommend you make a new VW file to use as a library. Use the resource browser to look in other files and import the styles into the file.

Once you have the library file created, you can either add it as a Favorite in the Resource Browser, or add it to the Default Content in your user files so it will show up in every file.

As you make new styles, you can the Export them from the resource browser directly to the library file.

I think you are confusing BIM with 3D modeling. What you are describing is all 3D modeling.

I'm calling it "Bim tools" because the 3D models can generate elevations and sections as well as having information attached to it. Of course it is 3D modeling, but it's different from say, an extruded rectangle, which is just geometry. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If you have several doors or windows that are identical, it's best to make them into symbols. Set the first up the way you want it, then go Create Symbol (tick Leave Instance In Place). The symbol will be put into the Resource Browser, and you just double click on it to select it, then click on the wall(s) where you want it placed.