missing plant outlines

Make sure your class settings are not "Active Only"

Assuming that this is not the case, I am thinking that your placed plant object has objects internal to it that are classed. (this was probably the active class before you made the change)

Try setting the classes to visible one at a time until they show up. That will tell you what the internal class it.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm at a loss. I have two classes that are affected: Plant Material-Tree and Plant Material-Perennial. When going thru visibility, one class at a time, only the ticks came up when got to Perennial. I highlighted everything and clicked on the same class in Obj. Info. the program was churning and the outlines came up. However, when I did the same thing for trees, only the ticks remained. I went back to Perennial visibility and only the ticks were there. Can you suggest someothing else for me to try? Thanks.

P

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I'm at a loss. I have two classes that are affected: Plant Material-Tree and Plant Material-Perennial. When going thru visibility, one class at a time, only the ticks came up when got to Perennial. I highlighted everything and clicked on the same class in Obj. Info. the program was churning and the outlines came up. However, when I did the same thing for trees, only the ticks remained. I went back to Perennial visibility and only the ticks were there. Can you suggest someothing else for me to try? Thanks.

P

If they disappeared because you turned off visibility of the none class, I would turn it back on. Its difficult to justify why, but to be honest, the none class should always be visible. Its a default class, for things that don't fit logically within another class - ie all viewports that you may create should be in the none class.

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=116562

If you do want to change the class for the plant components, you need to edit the underlying plant symbol, but this won't change the plants already placed, unless you edit each one separately.

My advice is not to fight certain in grained ways of doing things in Vectorworks, such as always keeping the none class visible. Odd things can happen if you go against the grain.