Bottom is Top is Bottom is Top

OK:

AEC > Floor... > Create Floor.

Two values. Bottom Z and Thickness. Makes sense. I make floor, setting the "Bottom" (presumably of the Floor object...right?) to -11.375", because that would be the bottom of the floor object. With a thickness of 11.5", that would put the TOP of the floor object at altitude 0 (the T.F.F. of my first floor).

But when I click OK, my the TOP of my floor object is 11.5" below altitude 0.

So I had to go back and set the Bottom Z to 0", leaving the Thickness untouched.

This seems pretty illogical. Backwards, really. But I want to make sure I'm seeing this correctly.

Anyone?

Hadn't turned on Stack Layers (but I have been looking for this super-helpful function for a while. Thanks!).

It's definitely a layer Z thing. I had set the floor object Bottom Z based upon the global Z of the building (which made sense at the time). The whole process seems slightly confusing. It could (should?) be simpler, but I have to think about that for a bit.

I started a blank file, ran the Model setup command and looked at he later structure of that. Seems like I was doing it backwards by including the Floor Object layers (Slab) in the overall dimensional Z of the Design layers for the actual floor plan.

I think I got it figured now.

Thanks for the help!