How to create a finish schedule

Hello,

I am a newbie at this, and I am sure it is a pretty obvious question, but I can't seem to figure it out and am having no luck finding anything in "help".

I have a floor plan that I have added room names to using the Space Tool. The "Add to Schedule" box is checked. How do I then generate a worksheet with these room names/numbers?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Frank Brault

Hi Tracie,

Near the bottom of the Space Object parameters in the Object Info Palette (OIP), click on the Assign Room Finishes button and fill out the desired info for each Space. You can add any new finishes with the utility in this button as well.

Then run the Tools>Reports>Create Room Finish Legend, and the Tools>Reports>VA Create Schedule/Room Finish Schedule commands to generate the preconfigured worksheets.

hth,

But wait, what about the Room Name tool? Is this now non-functioning? I just spent an hour dutifully assigning and modifying with the rather nice interface, but I can't get that data to appear anywhere*. Looking around, I see that someone else complained about this last August, but never got a response. What's going on?

* Not quite true - the Room Finish Legend reflects the changes I made in the Room Name tool, but the Room Finish Schedule resolutely refuses to display the data I've entered. And it appears to be impossible to simply create a schedule manually, as the Room Name tool doesn't create a Record of any sort.

Can you please explain slightly more clearly what you have done and what you want it to do?

If you check the manual (help) on the Room Name (simple) tool from the Dims and Note tool palette, it says very clearly,

The Room Name Simple tool (in the Dims/Notes tool set) creates a text label only; it does not attach room finish, IFC, or GSA information to a space object.

If you have used the Space tool/space object and applied your finishes through the dialog box, then you should be able to create both the finish schedule and a finish legend.

At least it works for me here in VW2009. What version are you using? You should probably edit your profile and add specs on your hardware and software versions. It makes it easier for us to help you.

You might want to try a new blank document. Create two spaces and give them finishes. Create a Finish Schedule and then create a Finish Legend. Do you see anything that you are doing differently between the test file and your main file?

Good Luck.