Can't gray other layers in section viewport

Great. How pray tell? To be clear, I mean the lines created by the cutting plane of the section. I have "Separate Cross Sections" checked in the Attributes window of the Advanced Section Properties with no help. It doesn't help either if I override the class attributes of the wall being cut.

I can give the Section class gray attributes but that doesn't separate out the layers.

What I'm saying is the Viewport Layer Properties button in the OIP gives the option to gray separate layers in the Section Viewport but nothing is changing on my file when I click the Gray option for a certain layer. Should it? Making layers invisible works.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

I did a little experiment with walls & floors & roofs. I had to cheat on the roof a little.

It's based on a v12 workaround for getting multiple rendering modes in one rendering.

1st create new classes with the attributes you want for the section cuts.

Cut a section and duplicate it. The attached example has 3 layers, so it is duplicated 3 times.

Edit the layer options for each duplicate so only one layer is visible in each section.

In the Advanced Properties... edit box you can select the section class for each layer.

I made the tables and chairs.

hth

the other michaelk

I don't think its a bug. I think it's behaving as expected.

While I've never tried to do this exact section class splitting before, I've found this general approach to be very useful for other things.

I use the multiple stacked viewport trick at least once on most drawings. Once you get used to it, I find it actually saves time. For example, if you have a complicated, time consuming (slow rendering) element of a section view, you can split it onto its own VP and you don't have to keep rendering it with each update.

the other michaelk