Export to dwg gives .lck file

Rossford

Question

I just tried to export a file to .dwg for a surveyor using ACad. I have done it before in VW2008 but this is, I think, my first 2009 Export.

I go through the motions, and get the dialogue boxes, accepting most pre-set options, but check design layers only.

It says it will save to dwg, but in my file it says I have a .lck file.

Any suggestions on how to make Windows 2009 export a true dwg?

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

.lck is a lock file. In Vectorworks every open file creates one temporarily. If you have a file open on your computer and someone else on a network tries to open that file, it gives the info of which computer has the file open.

So you are either not exporting or the .dwg file is somewhere else.

Ray,

thanks. I was able to export when I did all layers as separate. I noticed in VW help that dwg doesn't take certain 3D and differently scaled objects, so that seemed to help.

I don't have a network, although my computer once was part of my formerly bigger office and has different user names. I don't know if that affects this or not.

I will keep trying to export as one doc.

Ray,

Just an update. I struggled around a bit more and finally called VW. What you say is true - there was the lck file saving to my VW backup file and the dwg went to God knows where. They suggested I try to save it to the desktop so I could find it and then file it later, which I did.

Thanks again. Look in the general discussion for another question I have from your sig.