custom wall top

I need to build a pantry that extends under a stair in this project. When built, the top of the wall will meet the bottom of the stair horses. How do I edit the a wall so that it follows the rise of the stair? Is it possible to maintain the wall properties?

Also, something else I noticed, anyone know why the jambs of my doors (and some panels) are transparent? I've checked the class, and everything seems right. Even when I change the class to something else, it doesn't work...hmmm. Ideas? Does it have to do with the door being a part of the wall? I cannot find, in the door PIO, where (if?) to change the class of the individual parts.

I know I had to fix this once...I just can't recall how...grr,

Thanks!

I was about to say use the fit walls to roof command. But I just tried it and it doesn't like stair objects.

Will the 3D Reshape tool do what you need?. Or could you make a dummy 3d solid object that follows the stair line and use the fit walls to roof command.

michaelk

I just found it...double-clicking on the wall (in any view other than top/plan or top) automatically accesses the 3D Wall Reshape Tool, a different tool than the 3D Reshape (which didn't work). This allows one to add "wall peaks". Perfect!

...still need to find out about my weird door jambs. trim is transparent, too (see drawing).

Is it the same? It is certainly doing the same "type" of thing but I don't think it's the same tool. Perhaps Jeff can weigh in on this.

This tool only works in views other than Top/Plan. In all views, when I have selected the wall I want to edit, then select 3D Reshape, I do not get the functionality I want (to alter the actual shape of the wall on the Z-axis). I tried that unsuccessfully, hence my posting to begin with.

The only way to get to this tool is to switch to a 3D view (anything other than Top/Plan), then double click on the wall. I can add/remove/move wall peaks in a way that is certainly similar to the 3D Reshape tool, which remains unselected in my toolbox.

Reshaping Walls:

- In 3D views double clicking on a Wall activates the 3D Reshape tool which allows you to move and add or subtract 3D vertice points to a wall (it is the same tool).

- Walls can also be 'reshaped using the Fit Walls to Roof command and a temporary extrude. In the appropriate elevation view draw a polygon where you want the top of the wall to be and extrude it. In Plan view locate this extrude over the top of the wall. Then select the wall and invoke the command. Sometimes it is easer to place the temporary extrude on a temporay layer so there is no ambiguity about which object the wall needs to fit to. Read up about the command in the manual and then play with it in a non work file so you understand how it works.

Transparent door trim:

Will almost certainly be because the door parts Class is set to no fill. In the Settings dialog go to the View tab and select the Part from the pop-up list. Change its Class and then edit that Class so that it has the required fill. To understand better how this work look at Video Tech Tip No. 9.

http://kbase.nemetschek.net/index.php?ToDo=browse&catId=29

Edited by mike m oz