New to Vectorworks, help with eyebrow dormer

Brent,

From what I can gather, you are evaluating Vectorworks and NOT an upgrade customer. Also, you are comparing one very particular workflow and item to evaluate the overall value proposition of one software over another. The intricacies of your questions appear to have escaped the "usual" nature of much of our introduction material to new, potential customers. I don't think it is fair to slam NNA for "omitting" your concern from a general product or pre-sales demo.

This Community Board is a public, peer-support resource. While it is offered, maintained and moderated by NNA, the intent is to give users an opportunity to share their questions, knowledge, and solutions as a "first line of defense". At times, NNA staff may participate, but the Terms of Service make it clear that this is not a direct tech support or sales avenue.

Licensed customers of the software have access to a growing body of training and technical support resources via in-person, phone, email, and/or web.

However, you can contact your sales representative to have a pre-sales webinar setup with a sales engineer to cover any questions you might have about using VW in your practice, including demonstration of specific topics. If concerns/questions are posed ahead of time, the sales engineer may be able to tailor the demo to directly address particular workflows.

Et al,

If anyone has noticed, this thread has been edited to better reflect the issue at hand, the creation of an eyebrow dormer, at the request of the original poster, Mr. Kjernisted. I hope none take offense to your posts being edited/deleted, as none was intended. I only renamed and "pruned" the posts to restore the more informational aspects of the content, while removing subsequent editorial content.

I don't intend to make this a general practice. In view of the user's original misunderstanding of the purpose and scope of this forum, I think a great deal has been gratefully contributed, by many of you, to explore an interesting design and modeling problem in Vectorworks. Please keep up the good work!

However, as a warning to future transgressions, we will try to head-off the less constructive tangents earlier, even if that means removing a user from the board. I don't want to have to spend this much time "fixing" things again. Please be more careful about your Topic Titles and responses.

Thank you.

Sorry for the problems I caused. Thanks Jeffrey for editing the topic and the posts. Wes Gardner has been in communication with me and has been generous with his advice. Mike M Oz has provided me with a solution to my texturing problem. Thanks to "everyone" who have made suggestions. I won't make the same mistake twice and hopefully I can be helpful to others in the near future.

Edited by brent kjernisted

Wes I still have not reverse engineered your file but I won't quit trying. Vectorworks can obviously do what I had intended it to do. Once I have my finances straightened out I hope to purchase vectorworks,interiorcad and cinema 4d. Thanks for your support. If you send me your address I'll have a new copy of finehomebuilding 123 sent directly to you.

• 1 month later...