Lineweight/Scale Question

My instrument symbols are designed to appear to be the correct line wight when printed in 1/2" scale. I am working on a 1/4" plot in a large venue, and my instruments all appear too thick.

I thought the correct way to do this was to set my design layer to 1/2" and set my viewport scale to 1/4". However, this doesn't scale the lineweights of my instruments. I also tried the "Scale Factor" under the advanced tab of viewport properties, but that doesn't affect the lighting instruments either.

What is the best way to print correctly scaled lineweights in a reduced scale?

Thanks!

-Ben

The Viewport Advanced Tab>Scale Line Weights option should scale all lines in the VP, including 2d and 3d lines within hybrid symbols. A value of .5 should would offer line weight scale proportionate to the viewport scale change from 1/2" to 1/4". Or key in a different value if that does not look right.

Viewport view setting may make a difference, too. TopPlan shows only the 2d components. Note that 2d and 3d versions of the same object in a hybrid symbol may have different line weights. Enter both the 2d and 3d edit modes of the symbol to see if the two representations of the same object have different line weights.

-B