Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

keyboard shortcuts stop working...?

MaxStudio

Are you sure the script has stopped running? If the script is still running then nothing will work. Do menu selections work? If not, try hitting Cmd-period several times to interrupt the script, assuming it's still active. If the script really has quit, then you'll have to provide more information.

Raymond

• 2 weeks later...

This script creates 2 lines. For some reason once i run the script my keyboard shortcuts cease to work.

PROCEDURE CreateLines;

VAR

X1,Y1: REAL;

BEGIN

DSelectAll;

X1:=58;

Y1:=20;

PenSize(4);

PenPat(2);

PenFore(255);

PenBack(255);

MoveTo(-X1,-Y1);

LineTo(-X1+8,-Y1);

PenPat(-8);

PenFore(7);

PenBack(7);

LineTo(X1-8,-Y1);

END;

RUN(CreateLines);

Can anyone see a problem in this script that might explain why this is happening?

• 1 month later...

Its been awhile since I've been around. I've run into this problem again with another script. In both scripts I am trying to create lines. I'm not sure if that commmand is the problem.

But... I have noticed something quite interesting. I run the script and my shortcuts stop working. I then delete the script and my keyboard shortcuts are reactivated. That would lead me to believe that the script was still running and preventing my shortcuts from working.

Once I deleted the script I recreated it... and guess what? it didn't deactivate my keyboard shortcuts.

I have no idea why it would disable them the first time and not the second...