Irrigation Tool

gbland

Question

I would like to see a usable irrigation tool. I have downloaded a trial version of Raincad which works on top of Accelicad, calculates hydraulics based on actual products, pipe sizes, and elevations. After talking with the sales department at Raincad, they said that they were working on an application for VW, but VW pulled the plug. Now i am looking at shelling out $800 to $1000 dollars for a functioning irrigation program and will have to export my VW drawings .dwg to design irrigation properly. I really wish this functionality was inside VW so i wouldn't have to export to another program to get this done. Let me know if anyone else has succesfully tackled this issue.

Thanks,

3 answers to this question

Been begging for this tool since I began with VW in 99. I think it was Panzercad that was going to work on this as an add on, then he dropped it because VW was going to develop the tool. That was a couple of years ago if I remember right.

I have told VW that the main objection I hear to not moving to VWL besides some AC issues, is the lack of a relevant irrigation tool.

We need to be more vocal or perhaps someone will make this a 3rd party add-on.

I also have contacted Raincad and received the same response. I called Vectorworks and asked many questions with the answer being that they do not have an answer. Vectorworks claims there is not enough demand to work on this now, my response is that if the product is in the market people will come.

If nobody wanted irrigation design software, Raincad, Land FX, and all the other softwares would not exist. VW needs to step up and handle these requests by either generating there own or partnering with another. It just good business to offer solutions.

If this dialog continues with interested parties just simply posting they want irrigation this will force VW to look at this seriously.