draped surface

You're probably not selecting the face you need because it's back in the stacking order and clicking on any edge selects another object. Click on the ridge and the front roof will be selected, now send the front roof back in the stacking order (Modify menu>Send>Send to Back) Now click on the ridge again and the rear roof face will be selected, apply your texture.

Ray how did you see the multiple instances of both roof faces. What did you have to do to get rid of them. I'll look in the manual and see if I can figure this out but if you can tell me this will be the last of my questions until I purchase Vectorworks 2009 and Interiorcad in a couple of months. At that time I'll get some training dvd's and read the manual. For now my goal was to be able to create the eyebrow dormer and the roof faces. Send me an email and tell me what I owe you.

I just selected them and deleted, moving objects back in the stacking order to select what I wanted. I have sent you the model with the walls and roof done correctly. The wall and gable end are one piece, the roofs are roof objects. Double click on the roof with the dormer in plan view to see how I cut the hole.

This is my final file of the eyebrow dormer. The textures were applied by selecting the objects and then left clicking on the texture and right clicking on apply. Draped surfaces were not used. I'd like to thank everyone on the forum who has helped me.This has helped me make my decision to buy Vectorworks 2009. I'd especially like to thank Ray Libby who was there right to the end.