Disappearing Text

We experience random instances of missing text when plotting to HPGL/II cmds files from VW9 and VW 8.5.2. According to MacPlot (MacPlot Pro), VW9 and VW8.5.2 are no longer compatible with the old MacPlotPro. Their only solution was to purchase the MacPlot GraphicPac for several hundred dollars a licence- almost more than VW itself.

Plotting is also pathetically slow compared to MiniCad 7. This waste of time, and lack of forthcoming tech solutions or service(the promise of upgrades?heard that before with dwg translation...) is making us reconsider continuing with Nemetschek.The product, in spite of its ease of use, is useless if we can't produce drawings efficiently. Consider incorprating a driver option.

[This message has been edited by Johannes (edited 05-16-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Johannes (edited 05-16-2001).]

I'd be interested to know what version of MacPlot Pro you're using because of my descision to upgrade to "9" or not. A of today, my version of 8.5.2 works with my version of MacPlot Pro on an old HP pen plotter, which is all I own>

any guidance? thanks

We have identified a problem when printing with MacPlot in VW9 using rotated text. This problem will be fixed for the next release. We have fixed several print problems and continue to work on the remaining ones.

Hope this helps,

Robert McBride

Software Engineer

Nemetschek N.A. Inc

mcbride@nemetschek.net