Section Line and Weld Symbol Text

I have a file I've been working with for some time. Yesterday, I noticed that Section Lines in which the "item over sheet" option is set, suddenly display the item and the sheet numbers all on one line, over top of one another (I also found that weld symbols are now doing a similar thing: where I have more than one line of reference text, all lines are displaying on top of each other in the middle line position).

This happens now when I create new section lines (using the Create Section Viewport command) in the same file. It also happens when I create a new, blank file and create new section lines via the Create Section Viewport command.

Any ideas of what could be causing this and/or what I might do to get it working correctly again?

Thank you,

Steve

VW Designer 2009 SP2

Mac OS 10.5.6

iMac 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB

Edited by sgh

After many hours of poking around, I've found what seems to have been causing the problem I described in my original post. I am posting what I discovered, with the hope that it may save someone some trouble in the future.

The problem seems to come from how my Default Text Parameters were set. At some point, I had changed the Default Text Spacing to "Other". Some time later, I ran the "Reset All Plug-Ins" command for an unrelated reason. Running the Reset All Plug-Ins command while the Default Text Spacing is set to "Other" causes all instances of Section Lines in the file to display Item and Sheet text as described in my original post. Likewise, if a new Section Line is created when the Default Text Spacing is set to "Other", then the new Item and Sheet text will display incorrectly.

To repair existing Section Lines that have this problem, first set the Default Text Spacing to "Single Space" (or one of the other preset spacing options). Then run the "Reset All Plug-Ins" command (or change a setting in the Section Line's OIP that causes the Section Line to regenerate).

Steve