Macintosh Manager

Is anyone else out there trying to use Vectorworks with macintosh manager?

We are using Vectorworks 8.5.2 on a network of macs running Mac OS 9.0.4 and 9.1, all using macintosh manager v 1.4, and are experiencing an annoying problem. When a user logs on and opens vectorworks, they receive an error message "low on memory!" and vectorworks does not open. This seems to be due to the preferences file having been corrupted, as replacing the preferences file in use with a known good prefs file fixes the problem, and vectorworks opens fine. Would blame the macintosh manager software but it is only vectorworks that suffers this problem. Is this a known bug that is fixed in version 9?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris Johnson

I tried to find out more about Macintosh Manager, but the macintoshmanager.net web site I found didn't help much. I sent a message to the address listed asking whether the folks at Ease Technologies know what the problem might be, and I'll pass on any information I might get back from them. Interestingly, it looks like Ease Technologies is just a few miles from NNA.