Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Arrowheads on lines using marker() with lineto()

danielmare

I use VW 2008 and frequently use arrowheads on lines by using the marker() command before drawing a lineto(x,y)

marker(1) makes all subsequent lines start with a hollow triangle arrow, marker(2) makes all lines end with a two line arrow, etc. There are many different arrowhead styles available.

My problem is that in SP2 and SP3, all the arrowheads after the 6th is just a copy of the 6th, the 7th, 8th, 9th, etc. markers have been replaced by the same marker as marker 6 and I can't get solid arrowheads now.

Does anyone else have this problem? I don't see how it could be a bug - that would mean every single person who uses VW 2008 with SP2 or SP3 loses functionality of solid arrows!!!! Also, I could see no reason why Netmetschek would deliberately remove the solid arrowhead functionality??

I'm desperate for help. Does anyone know anything about this?

SetMarker is Obsolete as of VW2008. It still works, but probably won't get you what you want. Check out the manual on SetObjBeginningMarker and SetObjEndMarker.

When they added all of the new marker styles and flexibility, the old syntax was not able to keep up.

The new calls will give you what you want, but with a little more work in exchange for more flexibility.

You might want to make your own Marker Function to include with your scripts that would take the SetMarker syntax and convert it to SetObj... calls.