In-Wall Symbol Objects

mr. iagea

Is there a keyboard shortcut to prevent a symbol object from being placed "In-Wall"? For example, if I set a sink symbol, and I'd like it not to snap to an In-Wall position, I'd like to control that more easily when I set it.

Corollary: there seems to be some different editing for In-Wall objects vs Not-In-Wall. Can anyone tell me why that is? What's the usefulness of that?

Thanks!

Try turning off the wall insertion mode for the selection tool. If you use the symbol insertion tool, then place it first away from the wall then move it with the selection tool to the final position. short cut key is 'I' i think.

In wall objects have options like position in wall and flipping so for example you could place a door relative to a corner of a wall and flip the door swing after it is inserted.

The default keyboard shortcut for changing tool modes is the same for every tool.

The attached screen shot shows the modes and the default shortcuts for the 2D Selection Tool and the 2D Symbol Insertion Tool. Note that the shortcuts are the same for the first three groups for both tools.

Groups that have more than 1 button step between the options. Groups with a single button toggle on and off.