SAT file export?

Doesn't work that way. VW doesn't support SAT files. Exporting to DWG converts your organic 3Dmodel to tesselated geometry, so that's not a good solution. The only way left is IGES export.

Of course, if your model is "flat", you might as wel use DXF.

Good luck,

BaRa

[ 03-23-2004, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: BaRa ]

• 1 month later...

Bolldo, Charlene is right, VW11 has *.SAT export and it does work nice, I've exported a few parts for CNC already; however, check your CAM software, many packages will import IGES and can construct nurbs (smooth) machinable surfaces from IGES files that aren't "faceted" or made from flat triangles. I haven't had good luck with IGES export from Vectorworks though. If you can afford the upgrade to VW11, the SAT export works great and will solve a lot of headaches and time (worth the upgrade price alone). But if you're just doing a few parts, the evalation of Rhino 3D mentioned above is a great choice. File translation through multiple programs is risky in my CNC experience, but SAT has always been reliable for me.

[ 05-05-2004, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: tom kyler ]