Space Tool Fields

• 1 year later...

How can I extract room finishes descriptions?

Now I am able to get r.f. codes entering variables like

Space.Floor Key etc into database row..

Make room finishes legend command works, but it creates only dumb worksheet. I would like to have codes and their descriptions linked into one live spreadsheet ...

Does somewhere exist complete list of spreadsheet database variables like Space.Floor Key, 'Space'.'Number' ...etc ?

Check out this thread: http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=108487#Post108487

It has a script that will give you all of the PIO fields of a selected object and the formulas you need to use to show that data in a worksheet.

Floor Finish 'Space'.'Floor Finish'

Base Material 'Space'.'Base Material'

North Wall Finish 'Space'.'North Wall Finish'

East Wall Finish 'Space'.'East Wall Finish'

South Wall Finish 'Space'.'South Wall Finish'

West Wall Finish 'Space'.'West Wall Finish'

Ceiling Material 'Space'.'Ceiling Material'

Remarks 'Space'.'Remarks'

Check out this thread: http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=108487#Post108487

It has a script that will give you all of the PIO fields of a selected object and the formulas you need to use to show that data in a worksheet.

Floor Finish 'Space'.'Floor Finish'

Base Material 'Space'.'Base Material'

North Wall Finish 'Space'.'North Wall Finish'

East Wall Finish 'Space'.'East Wall Finish'

South Wall Finish 'Space'.'South Wall Finish'

West Wall Finish 'Space'.'West Wall Finish'

Ceiling Material 'Space'.'Ceiling Material'

Remarks 'Space'.'Remarks'

Thanks Pat, works great - :cool:

Bohdan,

Sorry, in 2009 you can't, but in 2011 you can. Prior to 2011, the wall components didn't have there own unique data structure, they were just graphic components embedded in the Wall. In 2011, they are now embedded unique data structures that have their own 3D geometry and rendering characteristics, as well as database entries (functions) that are exposed to the user (=COMPONENTAREA, =COMPONENTNAME, =COMPONENTVOLUME).

Bohdan,

Sorry, in 2009 you can't, but in 2011 you can. Prior to 2011, the wall components didn't have there own unique data structure, they were just graphic components embedded in the Wall. In 2011, they are now embedded unique data structures that have their own 3D geometry and rendering characteristics, as well as database entries (functions) that are exposed to the user (=COMPONENTAREA, =COMPONENTNAME, =COMPONENTVOLUME).

Jeffrey, I can see wall components names in object criteria database settings, it should be somehow doable/scriptable ..

pic

Maybe using this??

.............??

Pat, the script above works good for many PIOs in VW 2009 except for spaces.

It works fine in VW 2008.

Unfortunately, NV changed the Space Object from a Vectorscript PIO to an SDK PIO between 2008 and 2009 and did not expose most of the parameter fields. Nothing I can do by script to work around that.

In VW2011, all the fields seem to be accessible.

I don't think you can put them together in VW2009.

A Concat function was added to the worksheet in VW2010 (if I remember correctly).

The following works in VW2011.

=CONCAT(space.'East Key', ' - ', space.'North Key')

Notice that the quotes are not required around the space record name since it does not have a "space character" (or any other special character) in the name. If you want to put the quotes in for consistency you can.

I don't think you can put them together in VW2009.

A Concat function was added to the worksheet in VW2010 (if I remember correctly).

The following works in VW2011.

=CONCAT(space.'East Key', ' - ', space.'North Key')

Notice that the quotes are not required around the space record name since it does not have a "space character" (or any other special character) in the name. If you want to put the quotes in for consistency you can.

CONCAT function is in 2009

I tried your example formula in 2009 and 2011_eval, and this is the result..

DWorks is right. You need to use Space, not space in the formulas.

Thanks Pat and DWorks, but formulas are insensitive to whether they are written uppercase or minuscule..

But I finally found the "root of evil" ... my OS is set to use commas for separation of decimal places. I had to replace them with semicolons... :)

• 1 month later...