missing side of title block

GDP@KL

Question

the company im working for have bought new Apple Imac, version MAC OS X 10.5.6 with the latest software and hardware, vectorworks 2008 and 2009, with the new plotters HP designjet Z6100, do anyone face this problem;

1) i have finish drawing a sign board which the colour of the sign board are blue but when i print it out it was blachish or purplish but on my preview it's blue and everything is ok until i print it out, also the other drawing on the same copy colours the colour are fine.

2) title blocks i have work inside the paper sheet with extra 20mm margin offset inside but seem like my title block is missing 10mm when i have print it out is anyone facing this problem?

and it seem like over 30 staff facing the same problems

3 answers to this question

For the color issue:

I'm assuming you are specifying the color for the sign based on a reference not by on screen appearance. (on screen color appearance is generally unreliable for determining printed output)

If your color is correctly specified, then try exporting to a PDF and printing from the PDF. In my experience Vectorworks printing algorithms are unreliable.

well isnt that too, i have ask the HP staff to solve that problemm too on their own apple imac, but their have try it on the old plotter HP designjet4000 and it seem the colour came out prefect and have try on the new designjet Z6100 plotter also printed out the same case prefect colour. i also try to export it into PDF files is ok for them to print it out and is ok.

and for all the imac in the office is the same setup and the same software update too.

also the vectorwork company say what we draw is what we get out on print out.