Space tool

M.Derrick

I have been using the space tool for getting my square footage and rough room sizes and it has worked great for what i need.

problem is the first time you use it on a drawing up come these menus which you fill in. BUT! the next room automatically comes up with the information from the first one. is there a way to change the default settngs?

Mike

Mike,

This is WAD (Working As Designed). Space objects are plug-in objects (PIOs). As part of recent development, users asked that the settings of PIOs be stored and used the next time the object/tool was invoked. As of now, this is a "blanket" functionality and doesn't exclude particular PIOs. These settings can be changed in the Object Properties dialog, invoked from the Mode Bar, or can be globally reset to their defaults in the Vectorworks Preferences.

Yes I know I can change the settings with teh objects properties but then have to do it for every room. not a major deal one one drawing I set the font size to large and I can reduce it with the properties, but then every time I use the spae tool it uses the large font and I go to go and change it. I was hoping there was a way to reset it so it would default to the new size.

thanks for your help

Mike

Click the last button (on the right) in the Mode bar with the Space tool selected. It looks like wrench with a pencil over it.

From there you can set all of the default settings for the tool. It appears that text sizes are one of the things you can set.

The default parameters for most tools have a similar button on the mode bar. Some use a slightly different icon. Most have an elipsis (...) on them to indicate there is more information there.

• 2 weeks later...