Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Updating Scripts?

MaxStudio

I work in a small 10 person firm. I am the only one who writes and updates the scripts. I want to setup a template for the office that references my list of vector scripts. I hate going from computer to computer to update all the little changes I make to the scripts. Is there a way I can tell the template to reference 1 file? If it references the 1 file then all I have to do is update that file instead of going around the entire office importing scripts... Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Another way to share vectorscript is to create a folder with all of your scripts in it and place it on the network. Then create a shortcut folder in the VW plug-ins folder to those scripts on each local machine. This seems to work fine for me. If you do updates or additions to those scripts then all user will see the changes. Of course if you add a script you will need to modify each users workspace to see the new script.

Jeff Miller

• 2 weeks later...

Hey J,

I've tried to create an Alias (shortcut on mac) in the plugins folder but apparently Vectorworks does not seem to find it. Am I doing something wrong?

I created the scripts on my computer. I then went to another computer and created the alias to my plug-in folder. Vectorworks on the 2nd computer does not seem to open the alias to my plug-in folder.

I guess I could just redirect the main plug-in folder on the 2nd computer to look at my plug-in folder, but that would mean my computer would have to stay on constantly so everyone has access to it. I'll try playing around with it more later today.