testing VW 9

i'm in my first week of testing VW 9 and wanted to share some of my findings (although some of you have already discovered some of them too)

any project that you may be working on in version 8X should remain in version 8X. there is a big flaw in V9 with record field text in symbols when trying to export to AutoCad (and i've found it to happen in exporting to V8). when you have to create text for record fields, i've found that the text alignment should be set to the top left to ensure the least amount of text shift (which i have been complaing about for years). if you deal with a lot of AutoCad requrements, you should know what i mean.

9 is pretty good if you create drawings from scratch and don't have to share them with anyone else using another CAD package. but, as most of us know, that is unrealistic in the world of Architecture.

i have found little to no problems with compatibility with MacPlot Pro V4.7. a little bit of fuzziness is all. we do all our plotting as saved plot files (.cmds) sent to a HP600.

if you count on Scripts (as we do) to help you in complex repetitive tasks, you'll be in for hours of work in getting them updated. my AutoCad export routine, for example, that we have used since Minicad 5 has had to be updated for every new release (thank heavens releases don't come too often :-) here's the crazy thing; V8 routine will not work but, the routine for MiniCad 5 will. explain that!!!

more to come....