Fillet Tool Trouble

AndiACD

i have an endless list of symbols/objects that i was obliged to modify since updating to 2009 due to the fact that they were only visible as generic boxes. Most of them extensively filleted.

Now i find that any part of the filleted aspect of the 3D Symbol that needs modifying, WONT!

Head for the "Edit Command" in the menu bar and it's greyed. Check the "Ungroup Command" and it's also greyed.

So, once again, i have got to go through the whole process of recreating any parts of these Symbols that have Filleted elements in them once again from scratch.

Anyone else out there suffering from VW's attitude problems and knows how to fix them?

Is anyone at NNA trying to remedy this?

I feel your pain. 3D filleting and chamfering have also thrown up another issue for me and that is translating a file into 2008, anything with a fillet comes out with half the faces missing.

I've also noticed, and this maybe 'just the way it is' ,that after a fillet has been ungrouped to edit the object the original extrude has been turned into a series of 3D polygons.

I must admit I use the filleting tool rarely at the moment. It would be great if some attention could be given to it in 2009 SP3

OK, So, having discovered that i can't edit 3D objects that have been filleted or chamfered i now find that the 1.5mm radius that i used to fillet the original offenders will no longer work to fillet the brand new replacement objects i created to solve the problem i first came up against.

What is going on with the Fillet/Chamfer Tools???

i know there are moderators out there reading this, so how about a bit of interaction on your part. Eh?

AndiACD, et. al.,

I'm sorry I can't be of help with the filleting problems. Perhaps you could post your problem on the Solids Modeling discussion area. I'm sure someone there can offer you a solution to or explanation of the problem.

Guy,

That suggestion of yours did the trick.

i often check the no fill option so i can see if there are any crossed/overlaying lines that might cause VW to refuse to add or subtract solids . . . . The "Cannot be Computed" lament.

i'll check the Fill option is set to Solid from now on if i need to chamfer/fillet.

i did however need to fillet one section at a time. the tool could not execute a contiguous fillet, even with the "Select Tangents" checked.

Thanx all for the input. :)