Poor Screen Refresh on Mac

SQE

Hi Folks....

I just upgraded to 2009 on a macbook pro / core duo 2.

All in all everything seems to fine, except the screen refresh is completely useless. If I type a text block the is normally vertical, when I'm done and the text flips back to vertical, it completely wipes out anything that was under that space until I refresh the screen by moving up a page and then back a page.

Is there a setting for this that I am just missing? Any ideas?

It is rendering my 10 multi license upgrade rather useless...

Thanks.

sqe

No, it stays "blanked" out where the text box was after I de-select it. That is really the annoying part. I could live with it if it re-rendered the screen after I de-selected it.

I am on SP2, so I think that is most current.

My cpu / video:

Macbook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 2 GB Ram

Video is ATI Radeon X1600.

Honestly, this is computer is not even 18 months old....if one upgrade to VW renders it useless, I'll be disappointed. I do think that VW seems peppier in a lot of places, but I have to say that this is getting almost unusable on diagrams that have multiple layers for me. 2008 exhibited none of these issues....

Thanks for your help.

sqe

Edited by SQE

SQE-

Don't know if this helps you, but I'm using pretty much identical hardware (and same video card) and not experiencing what you describe. I also drive an external monitor (24" NEC).

Maybe the issue is outside of VW? What Mac OS? Just checking: Have you run Software Update (for latest drivers)? Any issues with other apps?

And you can't upgrade your video card on a Mac laptop. I was hoping I could,

but not even an option. But in general I am not experiencing any problems that really require an upgrade.

For others who are on MacBooks, I ran that Track Pad Fix script that Jeffery posted,

but after that I saw huge problems with zooming and screen refresh. I submitted a

bug, they confirmed the problem. I just replaced my application support folder with a fresh one to get back to normal.