Set object attributes within symbol to take symbol's attributes

Is there a way to set all the objects within a symbol to take the attributes of the symbol itself? With AutoCAD, setting all the properties (attributes) inside a block (symbol) to "ByBlock" will force all of the objects with this setting to change their properties to what ever the properties of the block itself is. Is there an equivalent setting in Vectorworks 2009?

For example, I want to be able to have multiple instances of the same symbol, set them on separate classes, and have each instance of the symbol take the attributes of its class.

Changing the attributes of a symbol seem to have no effect, because all the objects withing the symbol have their own attribute values, with the exception of the opacity attribute.

Thanks.

IFor example, I want to be able to have multiple instances of the same symbol, set them on separate classes, and have each instance of the symbol take the attributes of its class.

I'm not quite sure if I follow, but ? for better or worse:

1. No. A symbol definition does not have (graphic) attributes of its own and an instance (or components of one) cannot inherit those of its class.

2. However, such inheritance (and more) is possible with parametric objects.

I put this on the wish list a long time ago.

To add: one can have two (or more) symbols on 2 (or more) classes and they can have 2 (or more) different colour attributes. This is extremely usefull because now, one has to create 2 (or more) symbols with different attributes.

Please, Nemetshek, add this to the "to do list".

Thanks,