VW9 Problems

I seem to be having some problems with VW9. It might be me, more likely bugs, but here goes:

I can't dimension an arc. The only way I can do it is to draw the complete circle, dimension it and then delete it.

When I try to dimension using any part of a circle, (top left side etc.) it always snaps to the center.

The break line tool just does not work. I can't even select it from the pallette.

When I copy from one drawing to the other, dimensions always go to the wrong class.

The center mark tool, even though it is drawn in the right class, has the wrong attributes (line weight and color)

Any help with these couple of things would really help me

thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Bobbyv33,

I can respond to most of the issues you raised.

You said: "I can't dimension an arc. The only way I can do it is to draw the complete circle, dimension it and then delete it."

We expect this to be fixed for VW 9.0.1.

You said: "When I try to dimension using any part of a circle, (top left side etc.) it always snaps to the center."

You said, "When I copy from one drawing to the other, dimensions always go to the wrong class."

You said, "The center mark tool, even though it is drawn in the right class, has the wrong attributes (line weight and color)"

I looked at this, and it seemed to work for me. If you can duplicate this, then immediately after you place a center mark that is given the wrong attributes, please save the file and send a copy of it to me with an explanation of what you think is wrong.

Thanks,

------------------

Bruce Ferguson

bruce@nemetschek.net