Invisible windows...

When we try to insert the stock library windows into a wall they insert and create a wall hole, but are invisible. all the corresponding classes are on, and if you copy and paste in a window from a previous file its fine.

Any clues as to whats going on?

regards,

Joe

VW Fundamentals 2009 SP2

Guest Wes Gardner

Up at the top left find "New Reply" - type your text answer in the text box - look near the bottom left and find "File Manager", you'll get to a dialog box where you can browse to the drawing you want to attach and then click on Add File, when you're finished click on Done Adding Files.

Joe, I picked up two things in your file:

- There is a Class in your file called <> which is set to invisible. Delete this and assign its classed objects to None. This will restore the 3D visibility.

- With the window selected uncheck the option Use Part Line Styles on the OIP. This will restore the 2D visibility (there seems to be something wrong with the Part Line Styles in this particular window).

Another alternative would be to delete the window and insert a new one.

just like that!

all working fine now, however i have to uncheck the 'use part line styles' option every time i insert a new window, is there a way of making this standard for the symbol so it's inserted like that?

Also the 'old' window does have the 'use part line styles' option checked, and yet it's all visible...

Would it have anything to do with the fact it's originally a VW11 file which was opened in VW2009, then saved as a 2009 file? We seem to be having a few funnies, but it's more likely just us getting used to the new system!

Thanks for all your help!

Joe