layer shifting

rwelty

In our plans drawing there is an existing plan referenced in and a new floor plan layers that we are drawing on. Twice so far we have opened the drawing and the new plan is shifted off of the referenced drawing on all floor layers like the origin was reset. This then translates into the other drawing that reference this drawing. When we move all the floor plans back... all the annotations in the viewports are off.

vw2009 on windows xp

• 2 weeks later...

If you have not already done so, I would suggest updating to the most recent service packs. I have had this issue and reported it as a bug - not sure if it has been fixed though as I worked around the problem when I encountered it and can't find the description that I sent to NNA for them to reproduce.

Make sure you report this as a bug and attach the files. This issue is a known bug as Ian has pointed out but could have many causes with yours being unique.

First, make sure no one is moving the 2d screen origin as this will shift all your objects in all your references.

Second, if you using Rotate Plan View note how you set this view and if you are saving during the plan rotation.

And lastly, do as Ian suggest, update to the latest Service Pack.