Retaining Object information in Symbol across all drawings VW2009

I have a need to be able to attach equipment information to a symbol permanently. What I mean is in any drawing I import the symbol to, the data in the Record will remain the same and not change to the default values.

At this time I can't find an option to lock data permanently. I want to be able to have a permanent list of parts which my designers can access which will be consistant and transferable to a BOM. This will reduce my design time considerably.

Right now, as it stands, the best I can do is attach a parts record to the symbol which will have the default record information. When I import a symbol the default record information is attached. I can change the record information and import that into my BOM. I can copy that symbol throughout the same file without any issue but if I want to use this symbol with this specific information in another file it the record reverts to it's default information and I am force to enter the information again which result in errors or inconsistency in the BOM. I have even try copy and past with symbols, the data still reverts back to the default.

Is there another option to lock this information down and still be retrievable in a BOM.

Look forward to your input.

Odd behavior. I bring symbols with attached info into new drawings hundreds of times per day and have never seen this.

Everything should work as you desire if you attach the record in the resource browser using the drop down menu. I have a library file of hundreds of symbols with the pertinent info attached in this way. I made this library a favorite so the symbols are always available in the resource browser. I just drag them from there into the new drawing.

They come into the new drawing, each with their correct record containing the parts list. The info is sucked into a worksheet for a bill of materials.

I also copy and past these symbols between documents without problem....

Are you attaching the record after placing it in the drawing?