Door in Wall Opacity

J Lucas

Doors and windows take on the opacity setting of the wall they are plugged into. Wall is set to opacity by class. Doors and windows have attributes set by class. For the sake of clarity on a demo plan I want doors and windows that are to be demolished to have a different opacity than the walls they are plugged into (which are to remain). Is there any way to do this? I have searched help and this forum. Seems like it must be some basic setting somewhere.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

HI J Lucas.

Yes, you are correct. Doors and windows take on the opacity ( 50% for example) that is set to the wall even if those inserted objects belong to a class including individual components, what is interesting is that you can reduce the opacity of those objects a bit further ( 20% for example), give it a try. Let me tell you that the idea of representing Demolition walls by reducing opacity is clever, stylish, I'll start incorporating that in some of my projects.

Edited by Luis Ruiz