Impressions

This reply is to dlstudios, would like more info on how this works, ADOBE ACROBAT, live 40 miles from my client base and am having to live in the a'cad world, which means I have to visit these blueprint shops on a regular basis. If I can get away from my pen, or possibly new plotters I would welcome the prospect.

Further to all, is there anything good about VW 9, why should I upgrade? Deneba has offered their 2.02 package at $329, and it is A'cad 2001 compatable. Are users that unhappy with V'works 9? I have to admit that documentation is really bad, bought Janis Kent's Manual for an arm and a leg and low and behold VW 9. Somebody, including Apple, needs to sharpen up their OS and app's to the point that all work smoothely. PDF manuals suck and if you can't document your software, you're moving too fast for people like me! All help appreciated

IP: Logged

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

"[...] is there anything good about VW 9, why should I upgrade?"

I hope so, ~25 of us have been working on it for more than two years now. Check out the web site for a description of the changes.

"Deneba has offered their 2.02 package at $329"

While DenebaCAD looks to have some good stuff, they don't seem to have an internal programming language (like VectorScript) or any sort of plug-in capability, though I may be wrong. From a look at their message forum, they apparently don't have many users either. That can't bode well for the future of the product.

"Are users that unhappy with V'works 9?"

Users that have problems post. The ones that don't have problems generally don't. So it's very hard to tell from a message forum or mailing list.

------------------

Andrew Bell

mailto:andrewb@nemetschek.net

Thanks for the input Andrew. Reading between the lines of the unhappy people on the general discussion group, they seem to be pointing toward the kind of bugs and lack of documentation that bother me. As I said, Janis Kent's book is a necessity for a V'works user, you can't learn how to drive a Ferrari with an owner's manual and a key. A'cad is customizeable and somewhat more aggravating than V'works. As a MAC application, ease of use and user-friendly comes to mind. What space bar + period+some other key crap equals some short-cut, that's windows and we all know what that is