Mapping a texture on one side only

WillR

Can't do it that way.

You should be able to use the Extract Surface command and move it a fraction (0.1 mm) out (so it is not coincident) and apply the texture to the extract.

If the extract does not work, create a 3D polygon and do a similar offset procedure and texture that.

Or if it is a vertical thing, use a Wall. You can pick the texture for each side of a wall. Or if it is horizontal, use a floor/slab object. You can put different textures on the top/bottom/sides.

Thanks, its a vertical plane, so I'll try the wall, since that seems the easiest.

I think you jogged my memory- I think that is what was lodged in my mind somewhere- that you could apply textures to different sides of a wall, and I guess I thought it was a little more sophisticated than that.

Okay, that works. It took a little fooling around, but I got it.

I wanted a large pane of glass with what appears to be an image projected on it.

I created a wall 1" thick. In the OBI palette/render, I selected part and gave the right side my texture, which has an image map, a constant reflectivity and some transparency.

I created a completely transparent texture for the left side. I also made the objects color a dark gray so the edges look like glass edges.

Thanks again.

(Of course this would have been much simpler to do in Photoshop after the rendering.)