again: problems printing/plotting patterns

helmut

Question

hello everybody,

NNA in the first place,

we just purchased our updates to VW architect 2009 and are now in kind of a test mode here in the office.

up to 12.5.3 SP2 we were able to plot our patterns fine; just WYSIWYG as it should be and one of the reasons we had made the switch to VW.

in 2008 SP1-SP3 suddenly no more patterns were printed or plotted as displayed: they always came out so small they looked like solid fills.

in 2009 SP2 it is all the same now... I?m somewhat disappointed...

"print patterns in on-screen resolution" did not help at all - it made the patterns much too bold, so this was no option at all.

we have a MAC only environment with a HP T610 - of course with the latest drivers, by the way - I do not at all believe the problem is on the plotter?s side, because we get the same results on all our printers, too.

any solutions would be highly appreciated, as we use patterns extensively;

if only we could see them on paper again......!!!

thanks in advance,

helmut

4 answers to this question

joe,

still no good news.

at least, we are no longer alone with this problem (bad luck for you ;-)

just half an hour ago I tried updating the printer drivers again -

but as I said before there was nothing to update on this side;

we had the most recent drivers already in use.

I want comment and support by NEMETSCHEK !!

helmut

There's the Display Space and then there's the Page Space. Each is described differently. Viewports offer the option of setting the dpi to match the Page Space of the printer/plotter. Nevertheless, Print Drivers utilize various interpreters.

Have you tried printing from the VP to PDF , then Plotting from Acrobat's list of installed Plotter Drivers ?

Printing / plotting directly from VW ( all versions ) may produce some inconsistencies

which the PDF Drivers often correct.

helmut,

As Nemetschek has said numerous times, they consider the Tech Board a community service not a place where they offer technical support.

For a direct answer and help with your problem, you need to contact tech support directly (tech@nemetschek.net) or in your case, probably the Austrian distributor.

It would be great to get them to answer here, but you will probably just get more frustrated if you wait for it and it never comes.