Arrows translating to AutoCAD in VW 2008?

I have been having problems with arrows at the end of lines and arcs translating to AutoCAD since upgrading to VW 2008. I am assuming the new arrow menu (Attributes palette) is offering extra choices at the expense of compatibility. Does anyone know a work-around for this? This is VW 2008 running under OS 10.5.6. I am observing the lack of arrows using the latest version of DWG TrueView from AutoDesk. This would not normally be a major problem for me, but I have a government client that may make a big deal about it. Thank You.

A follow-up question: Does anyone know of a way to "explode" or decompose a line or arc with an arrow so that the arrow becomes two lines (or three, depending upon your arrow style) that connect to the end of that line or arc? In other words, the appearance hasn't changed, but the arrow has become a set of lines instead of an attribute.

A follow-up to this: I recently had a project that required .dwg file submission. My only solution to this arrow head issue was to manual draw them at the end of my leader-lines and arcs. It was a small project and not very time intensive. For a typical project, that would not be an acceptable solution.