VW 2009 gets a MS error message at start up.

M Regan

Question

I have twin opteron 244 (@1.8gig), 4 gig of RAM, Matrox Parhelia 128 graphics card, 75 gig WD Raptor hard drive.

Upgrading from VW 12 to 2009. Upgraded w/ v.12.5 still on the hard drive first. MS error message came up, therefore, thought maybe 12.5 had to be removed first. Did that. Still get error message at VW startup. Tried copying from DVD to hard drive. Failed again. The program puts QT on automatically, so no conflict there. Just sent a message to tech support, but don't want to wait till Mon. Weather is keeping me in so I need to keep busy.

Edited by M Regan

6 answers to this question

It went through the entire installation procedure. But when clicked on to open it made only the initial VW screen frame and then immediately projected the windows error message. VW did not launch. Are you supposed to install the 2008 upgrade program with the VW 12 on the PC. Though I ordered the 2009 upgrade, the box does not say upgrade, it appears to be a typical full version. With or without version 12 on the PC, the same error message appears. Is there a README document on the installation DVD?

What OS are you using? It would really help if you would create a signature with that info plus computer specs and version of VW so it is attached to every post.

Yes it is a full install, Upgrades of new version always are, unlike updates. I would try updating you video drivers, and if that doesn't work try uninstalling, then reinstalling Quicktime.