Light On?

I don't usually use RenderWorks to do renders, but seeing how I have nothing else available at the moment, I'm trying to.

I read up on the manual about rendering lighting instruments, and it says that there should be a "Light On" in the Edit window for the device so I can actually see the beam, right? The problem is, I can't find this anywhere. Is it a radio button, a drop down menu...does it depend on anything else? I can find the gobo layouts, I can focus the light and see the beam as a wireframe, but won't render at all. What am I missing?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chris

I'm feeling a little palette overload. The Vis Palette, as the last one to the dinner party, always feels like it is sitting in different kind of chair on the corner of the table with a plate that doesn't match, it doesn't know where it wants to be on my screen.

The Viz Palette gets overloaded itself when you have a few hundred fixtures.

The Viz Palette is useful when lighting objects or scenes, where a dozen or maybe even 30 light objects might be used. But it is a clunky way of addressing lighting fixtures when you get into the hundreds.

I'm hoping there will be a great leap forward in the future. Spotlight lighting fixtures using real light modeling, lighting intensity modeling for daylight and IES fixtures, faster rendering times....

The improvements in the last 2 releases are in a good direction. Just need to keep going.

michaelk