Hatch Origin

HOUCAD

Hatches applied via the attributes palette are called Associative and will fill the object even if it is resized. They also have a drawing fixed origin.

Hatches applied by the Hatch command (Modify menu) makes a non-associative hatch. This is a separate object (group) and you can click to place the origin and then set the rotation of the hatch. The hatch object is then not linked to the original object and will need to be redone.

ahh ok.

Would there be a difference in the resources required to create or move an associative vs a non associative hatch. I ham having a real problem with hatching elevations. I create a rectangle and turn on a hatch and it stalls for a minute. When I select the hatch it stalls again. I am spending more time watching the pinwheel and watch spinning than I am actually drawing.

I stripped down the file to just the elevations and purged it out and tried it on a mac pro and same thing. VW 12 has no problem with doing the same test with hatch.

• 2 weeks later...