Basic colors folder

teacherman

It would be nice if there was a folder of just basic colors, like paint, to use as textures. I am working with my kids, but when they say their walls are a light blue paint I can't find the color as a texture. I know there are a million different colors, but a selection of say 100 would be great.

Anyone know where I can find something like this??

Guest Wes Gardner

I usually start with a texture, duplicate it then edit it for color...

Go to the Resource Browser, duplicate a texture, rename it then edit it - right click and select edit, under Shaders choose Plain Color, then pick your color and voila...you can then duplicate, rename and "recolor" to make more...

Use cool names so your kids will enjoy themselves - play with some of the reflectivity options and other effects while you're there

Edited by Wes Gardner

That would be Ok, if I had the time, except I have 150 kids doing projects and looking for as many different colors.

I need to find pre-made paint colors they can use, and won't take me a lifetime to set up for them. I am surprised VW hasn't gotten the paint manufaturers to provide colors ready for VW. What do Arch use???

Edited by Jim_Allen