Worksheet wishes

michaelk

Question

I have 4 requests for the future of worksheets:

1. I'd like to be able to right click on a symbol with an attached record and have one of the options be "Show Record in Worksheet". The idea is that if I have many symbols, I don't have to fill in the field I'm sorting by as I place them. I can go back later, click on a symbol and find it's record (with all the fields blank) in a worksheet.

2. After right clicking on a database row in a worksheet and choosing Select Item, I'd like to be able to arrow up and down the database rows and have the drawing jump to the "next" or "previous" symbol.

3. It would be a huge workflow improvement if everything under Format Cell... were live buttons in a header row. I spend a huge amount of time going to the pull down, Format Cell..., making the change, hitting OK, observing the results and starting over. It would be great to select a cell, hit a justify right icon, select a font from a pulldown, etc.

4. Split scroll windows. Sometimes in big worksheets, I can't remember which column is what and I have to scroll up to the top to remind myself. I would like to separate the header row into its own scroll window (like excel) and save my feeble short term memory for other things.

2 answers to this question