Sign in to follow this  
ginger04

Lighting an image prop

Hi!

Could anyone explain me please, why the image props can not be rendered properly when the lighting is set? I mean, the boundary of an image is seen - just like there was no transparency, and there is no light seen on the field which should be transparent. I know that I can turn off the lit fog but it's so limiting then and there is a lack of reality. Is it really a no way situation? Thanks in advance!

Other people tried to put some image props and render it when lit fog (or any other kind of fog) was turn on and didn't see any proplems (one of them is using VW 12 and the other VW2009). I am using VW2008 version...so maybe that is the problem... any suggestions?

I think the settings are ok because VW creates the appropriate settings automatically when the 3D symbol (image prop) is pluged-in (mask transparency etc.). I have only SP3 (Build 88670)applied - I don't think the previous service packs are necessary...