2009 speed and RAM requirements

Running VW 14 (2009) on a Mac Pro 2 x 2.8, OS 10.5.6, 4 GB RAM etc. and a 30" and 24" monitor.

Runs like glue.

As quoted above, nudging takes incredibly long. So long that the selection handles move seconds before the object redraws. As noted in some posts above, VW 13 runs fine and full speed on the same system. And when used on a laptop the performance is remarkably good

As you said, it runs fine on your laptop, so there is something going on with your MacPro.

Have you called Technical Support to try and work through the problem?

Have you run Software Update to make sure you really have the most current versions of all the drivers?

Actually, if this is a new machine, it may have shipped with a custom version of the OS that might not have the best video drivers. Hopefully 10.5.7 will fix the problem and be out soon. See this link http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mac-OS-X-10-5-7-to-Deliver-Video-Driver-for-Mac-Pro-Solutions-106473.shtml

I am know having out of memory problems since installing SP3 on VW 2009

Mac OS 10.5.6

When rendering in Shaded Polygon, stops and indicates out of memory

No other apps running ( I've got 16 GB of memory in this system)

Mac 8 core Mac Pro

Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon ?Nehalem?

Processor Speed: 2-2.26 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB

L3 Cache (per processor): 8 MB

Memory: 16 GB

ATI Radeon HD 4870

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Using 30" Apple Cinema Display

2 - 1 TB Hardrives

Don't understand the problem

>As you said, it runs fine on your laptop, so there is something

>going on with your MacPro.

>Have you called Technical Support to

>try and work through the problem?

>Have you run Software Update to make sure

>you really have the most current versions of all the drivers?

The problem is a bit bigger than this. I neglected to say that I have two Mac Pros, one at work, the other at home. Similar specs except that one has a 8800GT video card and the other has something like a 7600. Both similar large screens.

Initially, when the problems first occurred, I did all the normal things like starting in safe mode, rebooting as another (new) user with extensions off etc. However, the only thing which got the performance up to speed was using only the smaller monitor.

So the problem is probably not the CPU. Add to that the fact that all other programs and VW13 run fine, and the finger is firmly pointed at VW14.

I have the latest OS and updates on all computers.

I have talked via email with some people at NNA and run some tests for them doing screen timings. I think there is an admission that there is a problem, but it appears to be a low priority. For me... if I get something intensive to work on, it is better to downgrade.

DMcD