XML Library Error

Mike Smith

Question

Hi,

When I load up VW2009 Student Edition when it goes to load user preferences I get the following error.

"The Vectorworks XML Library failed to load, and vectorworks cannot continue. Please Reinstall vectorworks."

I never had this issue with VW2008. This is running under Mac OSX 10.5.6.

If you could advise as I have tried everything I can think of.

Many Thanks

Mike Smith

9 answers to this question

Guest jkelly

Was this the first time you ever attempted to load this program after installation, or did this just begin to happen for you?

Where else have you seen others reporting this problem?

Could you email me the InstallerLog.txt file?

I have the same problem

I had my machine repaired by apple (2.6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Mac Book Pro running 10.5.6)

I then had to reinstall all my apps but cannot get Vectorworks 2009 SP 1 & 2 past the XML library message

VW worked fine before the repair. I am suspecting that it is related to the fact that I am probably installing it over a later version of the system software.

What I mean is that when I first installed VW I would have been on the current system i.e. prior to 10.5.6 now I have reinstalled the system and then got it up to date then started to install my applications including VW.

If this is correct I could start again but not update the system until after installing VW. If this sounds like a viable plan I would be interested to know.

Note I can install VW 2009 SP1 & 2 on an older machine with no problem and I have tried the new user suggestion.

I'd suggest the same thing as before, email me the InstallerLog.txt (don't post it here, it contains your serial number). I'm not sure what the problem could be, but that might hold a clue.

I doubt it has anything to do with the 10.5.6 update.