U Dimmer?

kelrock

He is seeing it in VW 2009. We should wait for Kevin to chime in here, since he is the only one who really knows, but what the hell.

The following is a guess, but I think a pretty good one. That parameter is listed as static text without a value. There is no way for the user to directly give it a value. It is probably a place holder for later implementation of a feature. My guess is that it will display the result of universe math on the dimmer field. ????. The Dimmer field is where you would currently put the DMX value of control, usually the control of a dimmer, but you would also put a color changer's control channel in the Dimmer field. Possibly, at a later date, the U Dimmer field will display 2/304 when you put 816 in the Dimmer field for dimmer 304 in universe 2. There has been discussion of how DMX should be treated in both VW and LW, and since there is now the possibility of a live connection (if you don't count the hiccup of refreshing instruments) between the two, Exactly how dimmers, DMX numbers, and universes should be handled is probably still up in the air.

That's my best guess. For now, ignore it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...