Plumbing Fixtures

I'm looking for more VW symbol plumbing fixtures than I seem to be finding with my VW Architect. I need a 30" x 60" tub and a 60" x 60" corner whirlpool tub. I've looked in the Defaults libraries with no luck. Where are they? Are there some resources on my install disks that don't get installed with the program?

Edited by Bruce Kieffer

Hi Bruce, a couple suggestions: 1) you can modify any of the red plumbing fixture PIO's to set your desired configuration, width, length, depth, etc., etc. or 2) Look in the folders called "Kohler" [Vectorworks/Libraries/Objects-Building Services/Sanitary-Kohler...] in which there are tons of 2d/3d symbols. Happy Holidays!

There's a really nifty program called 'Pacifist" that looks into the install image and allows for specific installations:

What is Pacifist?

Pacifist is a Cocoa application that opens up .pkg installer packages and lets you install or extract individual files out of them. It is also able to open a variety of other formats, including .mpkg metapackages, .zip archives, .dmg disk images, and .tar, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .cpio, .cpio.gz, .cpio.bz2, and .xar archives.

Why is this useful?

Pacifist can come in handy if you need to install just one file out of a package instead of the entire package. For example, if your copy of Mail or iChat gets damaged and you need to reinstall it, but don?t want to go to the trouble of reinstalling the entire operating system, you can use Pacifist to extract only what you need from the install packages. Pacifist can also be used instead of the normal Installer, which can be helpful if you experience bugs in the Installer that mess up your symbolic links, or if you just like a little more control over the installation process.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Don, the versions of Kohler fixtures and fittings that we ship with Vectorworks have a number of enhancements, cleanup, quality review steps and attached data that don't exist with the Kohler standard libraries. And ours are pretty up to date. I don't think there are any advantages in going to the Kohler website for content that we provide in VW.

• 4 weeks later...