Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Script to change classes?

benpilat

I'm trying to make a "smart" circuit plot, where circuit numbers appear/disappear/change colors based on there being a null/non-null dimmer field in a light. The goal is to make it as automatic as possible, so when a dimmer number is used, it's corresponding circuit changes color.

It seems to me that changing classes is the way to go. Is there a way to script that? Do the circuit numbers themselves need to be lighting instruments?

I don't have much advanced scripting experience, but I'd love to hear thoughts if anyone can point me in the right direction.

In thinking about my post, I may need to break the question down even more. I want to assign a number to an object (a circuit). When that number is used in the dimmer field of a Spotlight "lighting instrument", I would like to change the class of the circuit from "unused" to "used". I'm trying to manage my inventory of circuits, so they change color when they are in use, and I know which ones are still free.

Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by benpilat