Forum search problems

JoelS

There is a problem with the search function of the board.

Attempting to search all forums for the strings "pdf" or "Acrobat" in the subject and body returns no results for a 6 year scope, even though these terms are common and one of the posts that includes these terms is mine.

Search is working for other terms but now there is no way know if the search has failed because there are no hits or because the search function is defective.

Other search issues:

1/. The blue link for advanced search tips is barely visible against the grey background.

2/. The forum list scroll thumb does not operate correctly. If clicked above or below the thumb the forum list scrolls by a line and not a page. If dragged it operates correctly. The scroll arrows also operate correctly.

This behaviour is consistent between my various Mac browsers.

Joel.

I frequent another forum powered by ubb. Apparently, by design, it will not search for words of 3 letters or less. Which is a pain as the things that people search most for are products with 3 letters/numbers.

Its all to do with efficiency : unfortunately efficiency before productivity.

The work around on the other bb was to add a site specific google search.

I'm not sure what you mean with your second issue. Could you post a screenshot to help me out?

A screenshot wont really help. On the Mac at least, in any scrollable list, single-clicking in the scroll bar above or below the thumb should scroll a 'page' or the height of the visible part of the list, but the list in the search criteria only scrolls by a line, something I don't think I have seen before.

Joel.