How does one rotate textures? Need to rotate wood textures on cabinets.

taoist

I am a newbie using VW 2008 SP3.

How do you rotate textures? Some of the textures do not map correctly. Horizontal vs vertical. Can they be scaled, that is to fit the surface, or arewe limited to the repeating pattern. Are the repeating patterns adjustable, say for tile where you adjust the pattern size to make it fit the tile size you are using.

Hope this makes sense.

taoist

Depends on the cabinet. Are you referring to "parametric cabinets"?

If the components are, as they should be, in different classes, then you need to apply the texture to the class. I think that at least in InteriorCAD's this is the case.

http://www.extragroup.biz/index.php?id=48&L=1

On the other hand, if you have made the cabinet yourself, from normal modeling objects, then you can apply, scale, rotate etc. the texture for each component just as you wish. This is what I do, because the parametric ones that ship with VW are pathetically useless and I can't justity the cost of InteriorCAD for the odd kitchen or wardrobe.

Thanks for the reply. I am talking about the default cabinets in VW 2008. Is it possible to "class" the different components. The options (if you will) that I find are for Styles fot the cabinet, door, kick and counter when you select the button for show detail at the bottom of the cabinet menu.

Are not Styles universal? That is Style-1 applies/utilizes to any object that has that option whether it be a door, window, or what have you.

We do alot of kitchens and baths and need more "control" over cabinets. Sink cutouts is anoter area that needs work. InteriorCad is cheaper than 20/20.

taoist