11.5 on Leopard

Has anyone got VW11.5.1 running on OS X 10.5? It runs but there are serious graphics problems (there appears to be a pixel pattern over the whole drawing window).

I say this because we have 7 licenses and two new Leopard machines that can now not run 11.5.

I know an upgrade would 'fix' the issue, but at the moment buying 7 2009 license upgrades isn't an option. In fact... that may not even be the solution as I have a 2009 demo DVD that has other really bad display problems.

VW 11.5 was released in 2004. Four years is a long time...

Skipping two upgrades woud seem expensive. However, I understand that with many other programs it is not even possible and you'd have to go to square one, buying new licences.

Another dimension to this is that due to the evolution of software, learning new tricks can be a problem if there is more than one missing link. Of this I have recent experience as a friend of mine, who last used VW 11, but in VW 9 fashion, finally upgraded to VW 2009 (actually bought it for her new employer.) After a couple of months, she is still not the least bit amused.

She is not a full-time CAD user and never has been, not to speak of being a power-user, but has used MiniCAD since version 3. She'd like to have VW 9...

I'd like to have Microsoft Office X instead of 2008 and would not mind having Word 3 or at least 5... And I definitely can't run WordStar, dBase II or SuperCalc on Leopard!

So, as a global, regional and local training & implementation Jack of all trades except Show Business, I really recommend getting at least every second upgrade. It'll save you money!

(I don't have to be reminded of cash flow issues - my Bank Manager does that on behalf of this Brave New Community - and I do not sell VW. For my training business, skipping as many upgrades as possible is good since then there is a really big cat to be skinned.)

Has anyone got VW11.5.1 running on OS X 10.5? It runs but there are serious graphics problems (there appears to be a pixel pattern over the whole drawing window).

I say this because we have 7 licenses and two new Leopard machines that can now not run 11.5.

I know an upgrade would 'fix' the issue, but at the moment buying 7 2009 license upgrades isn't an option. In fact... that may not even be the solution as I have a 2009 demo DVD that has other really bad display problems.

One solution is to buy VMWare and run 10.4.11 on that then you can run 11.5 on the old style interface.

But really the benefit of upgrading to 2009 will far outweigh what you can produce on 11.5