2009 graphics weirdness

JasonWD

Question

I am in the process of evaluating 2009 and have installed it on my new MacBook Pro (2.54 4GB Leopard) as we are currently running VW11.5 on our workstations.

I don't want to install it on my day to day machine as I'm not to keen on messing my filesystem up (doubleclick opens the demo version etc)

The issue I have is that when I load one of our drawings the zoom often doesn't resolve itself and the 'pre selection' shows objects in the background, like they are ghosts.

Is there any help anyone can give to resolve this? I have tried fiddling with the preferences, to no avail.

3 answers to this question

My Mac experience is years out of date so, other than suggesting making sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date, I do not know the answer to your problem.

However, as far as VW goes on a Windows environment, Vectorworks installs as a separate application for each version, especially since the file extension has changed between 11/12 (.mcd) and 2008 and beyond (.vwx).

So it is likely that you can safely install the 2009 evaluation concurrently with 11.5 and not suffer any cross version side effects, including when you need to uninstall.

This appears to be a clean install of 2009 on the Leopard MBP.

I've experienced similar odd behavior on the iMac with 2008 immediately after an install.

The problem was resolved after a restart and a little house keeping with Onyx.

Also, make sure you have installed the OSX 10.5.6 combo update which includes the latest Quicktime 7.5.5.